How is CIRCULÉIRE different?
There are several key characteristics of the programme that will foster collaboration to drive the transition to a zero-carbon circular economy, namely:
1) Industry-Led: We are co-creating innovative circular solutions which solve real industry challenges – working with MNCs, SMEs and their supply-chains targeting Scope 1,2 & 3 carbon emissions.
2) Innovation Fund: We have a ring-fenced network innovation fund dedicated to funding large scale systems-level innovation.
3) Nexus Approach: We are exploring circular innovation opportunities across the raw materials, water, and energy nexus.
4) Systems Innovation: Systems thinking underpins CIRCULÉIRE’s theory of change and we believe that cross-sector collaboration is fundamental to accelerating the scale-up of circularity.
5) Circularity Testbed for Economy: CIRCULÉIRE will contribute to Ireland’s ambition to become a leader in circularity by using manufacturing as a role model for the transition across the entire economy.
Unlocking cross-sectoral collaboration to scale circularity.
CIRCULÉIRE is an industry-led public-private partnership launching with 25 Founding Industry Members (MNCs and SMEs alike) who aim to become circular economy exemplars in Ireland. CIRCULÉIRE is also actively engaging and collaborating with all stakeholders from the wider Irish innovation ecosystem (e.g. government departments and agencies, academia, third sector and solution providers) through our Associate Membership model.
Our Strategic Partners
The Department of the Environment, Climate & Communications(DECC) are leading the delivery the Government of Ireland’s National Climate Action Plan (2019) and the Waste Action Plan for a Circular Economy (2020-2025).Learn more
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) lead the National Waste Prevention Programme (NWPP), a Government of Ireland initiative, which supports national-level, strategic programmes to prevent waste and drive the circular economy in Ireland.Learn more
EIT Climate-KIC is the largest public-private partnership in the EU dedicated to accelerating the transition to a zero-carbon, climate-resilient society, supported by the European Institute for Innovation & Technology (EIT).Learn more